Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer Summary - Part II

Around here the end of August usually finishes off with some drastic changes in the weather. Although we have had that, just as quickly it has gone back to being hot again, followed by some milder temps, but still summer-like. This is not a meteorologist report, just to let you know that it has been an unusual, but good transition away from summer vacation and into school. And yet it doesn't feel like summer vacation should be over at all.
I miss them already, but I do look forward to this "fall" season. It is fun to do some more looking back over the summer. We made some good memories. We had lots of late nights, tons of swimming (even though we battled the algae bug for a month!), time with friends and family, a vacation, summer camp for the first time, trips to the library, and best of all, time to play, be carefree, and enjoy being with one another. I will once again let the pictures tell the story.
Chilling out with my honeys.
Had a blast at Di & Mike's!
What a "great" Aunt we have. We are so blessed!
 The birthday girl! Mom, you are so beautiful, inside and out!
The boys went to Bible camp for the first time ever. They're already begging to go again next year.
It was a hot, humid week. But a week of sun, swimming, fun, friends and God's blessings.
The first day of vacation I managed to back into a tree. (There were plenty of them.) The rest of the week Kaylee reminded me "don't hit a tree Mommy"!
Nevertheless, we still had an awesome time of hiking, relaxing, enjoying God's creation and each other.
Aunt Di and munchkins at the cabin.
What would summer be without a car show? Jeremy took a hundred pictures,
ate his heart out at all the hot rods,
and drooled over all the Mustangs.


To my sister: I am thankful to you for being so involved in the lives of my kids and going along with us on vacation and some other outings. You are the best encourager, friend and sister a girl could ever have.              
To my kids: I enjoyed my summer immensely with you. Daddy and I are so thankful for you and the joy you bring to our lives. Despite the fact that Daddy was very busy this summer, he encouraged and allowed us to do many things. For a person who craves routine, summer is usually a great challenge for me. I am thankful that the Lord gave me ideas and the resources to carry them out. I have enjoyed watching you grow and mature this summer. You are the best kids a Mom could have.  

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Yes, it was a fun summer, wasn't it? Glad I got to spend some time with you guys. Love the great pictures. But I love you best! ;)

maryann.karl@gmail.com said...

And I love both of you and miss you! Glad you had a great time on vacation!
Love,
Mom

maryann.karl@gmail.com said...

Deb, You are a wonderful writer...PLEASE continue to write...you have so much to offer others. I love you so much!