Saturday, December 29, 2007

More Hodge-Podge Household (Part 3)

Christmas used to seem like such a magical time of year to me. My birthday is 5 days before Christmas, and somehow I thought that all the fuss was about me. Sort of!

When we were kids, we usually put the Christmas tree up on or around my birthday. And every year I would say to my sister,"I get to put the star on the tree this year because it's my birthday." After a few years of that she finally caught on and said,"It's your birthday every year!" Well, duh!

I actually loved having my birthday near Christmas. As if Santa Claus coming wasn't exciting enough, having the birthday recognition was pretty cool, too. People used to say they felt sorry for me, but don't worry, I made sure everyone remembered my birthday. "Only 10 more days til my birthday, only 9 more days til my birthday, etc."

A little over 9 years ago, I found out I was expecting a baby, you guessed it, at Christmastime. A bit of a birthday and Christmas present all rolled into one little baby blanket!

Jeremy is 9 now and is in 3rd grade. He enjoys cooking and wants to be a chef someday. I love his "take-charge" attitude in the kitchen. He is not afraid of messing up. (My kitchen, that is!) He also likes animals, especially sea life (octopuses, whales, sharks, dolphins) and is the proud owner of a cute little hamster named Rolley (...short for Roly-Poly, I think.)

Jeremy has been taking piano lessons for 3-1/2 years now and is really getting quite a style of his own. He especially enjoys playing jazz. He is good at computer games, figuring out how things work and how to fix things. Definitely a gadget-type kid! That's our Jeremy. I can't believe you're 9 dude!

And now he has to remind us in the middle of all the busyness of the season to please not forget his birthday. How could I?

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I love that JJ is into jazz piano. My favorite, actually! He is quite a kid!

Fishing Without Worms said...

You made my day....my wonderful Christmas kid....by blogging again. I loved having you at Christmas...you were my extra special Christmas present. I just love you.
I can't get over how much TJ looks like BB on your sidebar.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I'm happy to see you blogging again, Debbie! I am simply amazed that you find the time, with 5 kids running around! My two seem to take up all my energy most days. :)

I've enjoyed reading your posts and getting a little glimpse into your family.

Oh, and my brother's birthday is December 21st and he, too, never let us forget it!