Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Our Hodge-Podge Household (Part 2)

I've already told you about my dear hubby. Now for the rest of the fam, which I am beginning to refer to as "the clan".

Our firstborn is Brianna, age 10. When the nurse first handed her to me after she was born, I wondered how this little person could've come from my body. Carl and I have brown hair and brown eyes, and this little gal shows up with blond hair and blue eyes. But not to worry, after I got to know her I found that she has plenty in common with me. Brianna is now in 5th grade, and she is growing into a beautiful young lady, although too fast to suit her dad and I.


Here's the run down on what B is into these days:
Loves horses, pretty girl stuff, playing the violin, baking, very competitive game-player, socializing and talking on the phone w/ friends.
She is right in the middle of being a little girl still and wanting to be "big" like Mom! She adores her new baby sister!

This year B was asked to play in a youth chamber orchestra. She spends her Sunday afternoons at rehearsals, then often has church activities afterwards. She is also working at finding her own friends and feeling comfortable with who she is.

I realize we are on the brink of adolescence, and while it's sort of a scary thought, it is actually very exciting as well. I know this time in her life will bring many opportunities for growth and maturity. My prayer for her is that she stay true to her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and know that she is a precious child of God, as well as a very precious child to Mom and Dad.

I knew this was going to take more than one post. To be continued!

No comments: