Monday, March 22, 2010

Productive Weekend, Lazy Monday

After being outside a bit on Saturday and Sunday, I began to sneeze ferociously yesterday. My family knows, look out, Mom’s going to sneeze. Not just one sneeze, but a series of loud sneezes, usually in three’s or four’s. My nose is itchy, my eyes are watery, I sniff constantly, and I am on the verge of sneezing at any moment.  I am not allergic to spring. I think I’m allergic to the molds. I’ve never taken the time to find out. Well, today after feeling groggy and stuffed up, I decided to take some Claritin. Kid’s Claritin….it’s fruit flavored. Jeremy(11) informs me that it will take awhile to kick in. Rats, I was wishing for instant relief!

Meanwhile, I set Jeremy (and Kaylee(2)…yikes!) to painting. It’s nice to see what creations a kid can come up with when given plenty of time to experiment. Jeremy is quite a free-spirited artist.

This weekend felt productive. Notice, I am not saying it was. Just that it felt like it. Maybe I’m learning not to have such big expectations for the weekends. It’s only taken me 12 years to learn this.

Saturday consisted of me gathering laundry, taking Brianna(12) to dance, take Carl’s truck to Sears to get worked on, back home to direct traffic while the kids and I did some chores, back to pick up Brianna, take the boys to get haircuts, help Carl with the pool cover that fell in over the winter (ho hum!), then take a walk with Brianna to the track (whoa..I’m outta shape!), back home to change out of sweaty shirt, go to grocery store, come home and make birthday dinner, while starting the kids on Saturday night showers. Bake and frost promised homemade chocolate cake for hubby’s birthday. Then at last to sit down and enjoy the dinner, which was devoured in 1/8 the time it took to make it.

That was supposed to be my last sweet, but I blew it last night by having another piece of cake. It was too good. Carl said it was the best cake he ever had. Wow.

Anyways, you can see that my Saturday wasn’t all that productive for me. But we got some chores done so that the house looks respectable. I got to take a walk. I got mostly caught up on the laundry. Even to the extent of putting it away. I was able to bless my hubby with his birthday dinner. My kids went to bed happy and clean. And my kitchen was clean when I went to bed. Ahh. I feel peaceful.

It doesn’t take much to make me happy.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Good thoughts. Sometimes i think i AM productive but don't allow myself to relax and enjoy the fruits of my labors so I end up not "feeling" productive. I thinking the feeling part really matters.

The Glenns said...

I love the picture of your crew. You have a beautiful family.

My favorite moments are the exhausting ones at the end of a Saturday when everyone is clean and sleepy. Great post.

My email is bethglenn@yahoo.com

Debbie said...

I see Carl has his bluetooth on in this picture. I think it is becoming a permanent part of his body!