Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bo the White House Dog.....and Humans

I saw somewhere a link to a cute little blog written by "Bo, the White House dog".  So I checked it out. http://www.goodboybo.com/2010/03/little-golden-human-statues.html.  

I think the Obama's dog is really a cutie as far as dogs go.  This particular blogsite also had rotating pictures of the Obama family, their girls, and President Obama with the dog.  As I sat there and looked at the pictures, it made me think how although I do not agree with everything he has done as President, Barack Obama is a just a man.  He's a guy with a very classy lady for a wife and 2 beautiful daughters: a loving family.

The pictures were actually very touching to me.  To see them interacting with each other and the dog in these photos just reminded me that he's human, too.  A person who loves his family, a doting dad who kisses his girls goodbye everyday to go to meetings and travel around our country and many foreign countries.

His ideas and my ideas may be worlds apart.  His values and my values may differ.  His beliefs and my beliefs may not coincide.  It seems easy to find points of disagreement and so forget that he may be just like me in more ways than one.

Perhaps I should pray for him more and criticize a little less.  He is after all....human.

1 comment: