Thursday, January 10, 2008

If I’m so busy, what am I doing blogging?

My friend Katherine over at Raising Five has a great saying that I love, “Live first, blog later.” As I have started my blog, I have tried to keep that little saying in mind. Blogging is fun, but not at the top of the priority list, as you might be able to tell by scarcity of my posts.

However, I am trying to remember that “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” (Ah hem, girl!) Although this seems like an insane time in my life to start a blog, part of my reason for doing this is that I need an outlet. Lately I have been meeting myself coming and going. I was wishing today that I could clone myself, so that at least one of me could take a nap. But no, the world really only needs one of me….uh, my family could only survive one of me! I love all that I am doing, well…most everything. Skip the part of helping with math homework. And I love the ones I’m doing it for. But I am slowly learning what happens when I try to pour from an empty cup. So if I only get a half hour a week to do this, I am going press on towards being consistent with it, at least for as long as the Lord wants me to. I feel like I am growing because having a blog is forcing me to share a part of myself with others. I tend towards being a very private person. Keeping my failures, shortcomings and oops moments (as Carl would say, my “eeh aah”….think “donkey” moments) to myself is more comfortable. Revealing where I need help has not been my strong suit many times.

As I have read others blogs, I have really enjoyed and been blessed by the “realness” of their lives. They have opened up about their families, their kids, their tiredness, their messy house, their never-ending piles of laundry, their struggles, and their relationship with the Lord. I hope I can learn to let down my hair a bit and be as transparent as these sisters in Christ have been. I also hope that blogging will be a catalyst for growth in me as I endeavor to share honestly about what God is doing in my life.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

There's something about blogging that provides us with a reality check - that we're all on this journey together. Glad you decided to step in and we'll take whatever posts you throw our way! xo

Marian said...

Hey, girlie! I saw your photo at Raising Five and had to stop over and see if it's really true. You're blogging! You're inspiring me! I have not been able to actually start one in good conscience with all that is consuming me here. But maybe you're right... even one post a month would at least be therapeutic for me, myself and I, right?

I am so glad to get to see your pictures of the kids. It's been too long since I've seen you all. I BARELY RECOGNIZED BRIANNA! She is such a beautiful young lady now, and has really changed in the last couple of years. Jeremy still looks like Jeremy. =) And Kaylee is so sweet. She reminds me of Corey somehow.

Anyway, what fun to meet up with you here. Love you.