Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Things That Make Me Go "Eeew"!

This is my very first meme. I found it over at Katrina's blog, Callapidder Days. I could think of quite a few, and the list seems to grow as I get older. Go figure. Anyways, here are 5.

Things that creep me out:

1. Thousand-leggers. This is definitely #1 on my list. Anywhere. But especially in my house. Luckily Corey(4) is our resident bug-killer. He is my hero. Because the only thing that creeps me out more than thousand-leggers is having to kill one.

2. Throw up. In the forefront of my mind today because Corey decided to throw up around 5:30 this morning. Lucky for me, Carl got up and dealt with it. I pretended to sleep. I am not good with puke. But I did learn on CSI Las Vegas that smiling represses the gag reflex. I'm still working on that one.

3. Being home late at night without Carl. He had to go out on an emergency plumbing call around 10:30 last night. Rats. When he is gone I am aware of many strange noises I never noticed before.

4. Heights. This isn't exactly gross, but the way it makes me feel is gross. I never was good at this. And I'm still not. The whole amusement park thing is just not all that amusing anymore.

5. Feet. Just other adult feet. Yuck. Usually crusty and hard. Been in work boots all day. However, I do have a fetish for my kids' feet. Even stinky ones. Even ones with little sock-fuzzies in between the toes. So cute I have been known to kiss them. Especially the baby's.

Okay, that's my creeper list. Hopefully it's not too whiny! Most of the time I just try to be a big girl and deal with the creepy things life sends my way.

What gives you the heebie-jeebies? Let me know if you post a list.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Do I have to tell you? Okay, maybe I'll do this meme this weekend, just for you! Sorry about the barf and night noises.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh, I hate thousand-leggers too. Amazingly, I haven't seen any in this house but our old house *always* had them and I loathed them.

Hm...smiling represses the gag reflex? I had no idea. I'll have to give that one a try. And with kids around, there are always opportunities, right? :)

Rebecca said...

I love this! I wrote about disgusting reasons I love being a mom!
http://motheringgodschildren.blogspot.com/2008/05/6-disgusting-reasons-why-i-love-being.html

Rebecca
www.motheringgodschildren.blogspot.com