Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thoughts from a 4 Year Old

Just a quick funny before I hit the hay. I was at the grocery store until 10:30pm, and certain grocery stores who shall remain nameless tend to put me in a bad mood. But this is one of those things I have to write down for posterity sake. It was too cute.

Corey(4) has developed quite a vocabulary. Must come from having 3 older siblings. However, his vocabulary surpasses his comprehension. He is by no means in command of the English language yet.

First thing this morning he came loping into my bathroom while I was fixing my hair and announced that he wasn't feeling well. When I asked him what the problem was he answered, "I feel like a banshee (he has no idea)."

Trying not to smile, I probed further and asked him why. "Well, I don't like my bed anymore. I want to sleep in the bunk bed with Travis(6)."

What great insight. That explains everything.

3 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

That is too cute. Perhaps when Logan is *acting* like a banshee, I should send him to your place to crash in the bunk be with Travis? :)

Dianne said...

I can just see him saying this too. Where did he get that word?

Debbie said...

Katrina, sure you can send Logan over. He would fit right in w/ the banshees here!

As to where he got the word....um, Dad?