Monday, March 17, 2008

The weekend and some ponderings

It was an interesting and a good weekend. I got to spend some time with my sis Friday night. Hard to believe we only live 30 miles away from each other. It was fun just going out to Borders and chit-chatting about books and writing and life in general. She is such an encouragement and an inspiration to me.

Saturday night Jeremy (9) had to go to the emergency room because his croup made his throat close up. Taking him outside and trying steam treatments in the bathroom a few times wasn't doing the trick. So at about 4:30 Sunday morning, Carl took him over to the ER. After that I guess he felt better because Carl said they considered going out to breakfast, but Jeremy opted not to go because he was in his PJ's. I think the PJ's look like sweats, but hey, if I was 9 would I want to be out in public in my jammies? Oh well, he passed on a pancake breakfast w/ dad this time. Brianna was also recovering from croup, although hers was not as bad. She had a fever and lost her voice.

After next to no sleep Saturday night, we opted to (try to) sleep in Sunday morning. But that is a real trick with a 4 year old in the house. Corey decided to get up and play with his Lightning McQueen car and Bob the Builder phone in his room. Hmmm. Noisy toys. So much for sleeping in.

Well, it was time for the baby to be moved out of our master bedroom. She is officially 6 months old. She'll be sitting up in the bassinet if we don't get her into a crib sometime soon.

This means it was also time for Corey (4) to be moved into the boys' room. Corey was so excited and rambunctious all day Sunday. We moved his toddler bed into Jeremy (9) and Travis'(6) room. Jeremy bawled. Travis bossed. Corey bounced. I tried as best I could to organize their things and make it look presentable, even though it's like 12 pounds of junk in a 5 pound sack.

Corey is so cute, and trying to be so good. He hugs his big brothers and tries to convince them that he is a big guy now. He still has to learn not to turn on the light in the morning and jibber-jabber so loudly.

After taking Brianna to violin tonight, I ran home, fed my family, nursed the baby, then ran back to get Brianna. When I got back, Travis was attempting to play wiffle ball by himself in the front yard. Remembering my attempts at playing wiffle ball by myself when I was little, I went and pitched the ball to him. He is a star in his own mind. It was fun. After about 1/2 hour, my hands were freezing so we went inside.

Clothes to organize. Lunches to pack. Laundry to fold. Teething babies to hold. Doctors appointments. Dentist appointments. Parent-teacher conferences. Baths. Homework help. Husband's 40th birthday!

Where does books to read come in? Time to blog. Hmmm. I'm struggling to get some sleep keep some balance in my life right now. I want to blog, but I don't want to squander precious time either. I'm hoping that by blogging I will find some community with other Christian women that I desperately still desire. But most importantly, I want to have time with God, my husband, my kids. They are and will be the most important part of my life.

Just some things that have been going on and some things I have been pondering lately.

2 comments:

Fishing Without Worms said...

Deb, I just love you!!! You make me laugh and cry at the same time. I miss all you guys so much! Thanks for posting ...it makes me feel like I'm there with you...at least in spirit!
God bless you my "Sweet Debbie".

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh, life is sometimes just so full (and I say that with only 2 kids running around, so I know it's much more so for you!). I know for me, blogging sometimes seems to fit and other times it just doesn't -- there are other things to focus on, other things to do, other things to enjoy.

So sorry about Jeremy and the trip to the ER. I hope his croup is gone and that all the kids are feeling well.